This policy addresses the privacy of congregational information and other information on this website. We do not collect information from website visitors, except for web site use information gathered on a collective basis as you and others browse our website. No visitor information is given or sold to others.
- The church’s phone number, e-mail address and mailing address are posted on the web site.
- For the Pastor and Secretary, we list their names and church office e-mail address. No home phone numbers or personal e-mail addresses, etc are listed.
- For Other Staff Members, we give first and last name only. No e-mail addresses or phone numbers are given. Other staff members may be contacted through the church office.
- For adult members, we often list first names when they are a contact for some group or activity that we are covering on the website. We do not list phone numbers or e-mail addresses. It is assumed that other members have the church directory or can call the office for phone numbers. We list full names on our Prayer Concerns page, in the Church History section, and in the Official Business section.
- For youth and children, we give the first name in most cases. We do not list e-mail addresses or phone numbers. Photo captions may include first names. Full names are given in the Deacons Serving Schedule.
When using photos on the website, we follow the following guidelines.
- We include photos on the website to publicize our activities and for our members’ enjoyment.
- Photos are almost always of people at church events, services and classes.
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo.
- We use only the first name of people in photo captions.
- We will gladly provide credit for who took a particular photo if desired by the photographer, and we would certainly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions.
- If you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, we would be glad to do so. Just (notify the webmaster) bill (at) billsclockworks (dot) com with the details.
Sources and References
Heal Your Church Web Site: HIPAA (HIPPA), Disclosures and your Church Website